What are the qualifications that are needed to apply for the program?
- Applicants must be 18 years of age.
- Be at least a high school graduate, or have a GED, or in lieu of a high school diploma or GED, have a two-year Associate Degree or higher.
- Provide verification of 1 year of High School Algebra, Tech Math or post High School equivalent with passing grade. (Tech Math must show course description.)
Documentation to submit at time of application:
- Application Processing Fee:
In person: $25
- Copy of Valid Driver’s License (at time of application)
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Complete High School Transcript or GED
- Trade School Transcripts with Attendance Records (where applicable)
- Military Records (if applicable) – Form DD214
- Color Blindness Test (Can be taken at any vision center)
- All applicants must take the Standard NJATC Aptitude Test with a qualifying score of “4” or better.
Aptitude tests are held twice per year and generally are on the last Monday of February and second Monday in July. If an applicant obtains a qualifying score on the aptitude test they will be scheduled for an interview provided the application process is complete. Notification of this interview will be by mail and/or e-mail. Applicants will undergo an oral interview set-up by the JATC.
- Applicants applying for apprenticeship must supply the JATC office with all the necessary required documents within 30 days from the date of filling out their apprentice application.
- To qualify for the February Aptitude Test/Spring Interviews, applications must be submitted by the last Friday in December with all supplemental documents received within 30 days of submitting the application. To qualify for the July Aptitude Test/Summer Interviews, applications must be submitted by the first Friday in June and all required supplemental documents must be received within 30 days from the date of filling out their apprentice application.
- (You are responsible to see that all requirements are turned in on time and must keep your address and phone number current with the Apprenticeship Office.)
- If you applied for the program previously you must contact the JATC office and request your materials to be moved forward to your new application.
- **If you apply for both the Duluth & Iron Range programs it is your responsibility to send in separate application requirements for each program due to the fact that the two programs have separate cut off dates. Your name will remain on the interviewed applicant list for two years after your first interview.
- Apprentices selected for apprenticeship will have to supply themselves with a computer and internet access.